Adele Bianco is Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Chieti-Pescara (Abruzzo) "G. D'Annunzio". She teaches Sociology and Sociology of Work and Economic Sociology at the Department for Psychology and History of Sociology and Social Politics at the Department for Legal and Social Studies. Since the Academic Year 2009-2010 she also teaches Economic and Work Sociology.
Mailing Address and Office:
University degli Studi “G. D’Annunzio”, Chieti-Pescara, Faculty of Psichology
Via dei Vestini 31, 66100, Chieti scalo, CHIETI
Phone: Cell. +39 333 2676 040
M.A: Sociology, 1989, University of Rome “La Sapienza”
Ph.D., Sociology of Development, 1994, University Pisa
Master in Labour Law and Social Security, 2004, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
• ERASMUS Fellowship in Bielefeld (Germany), Autumn 1988;
• Ph.D., Fellowship at the Center for Sociology of Development, Faculty of Sociology in Bielefeld (Germany), 1990-1991
• CNR (Italian National Research Center) Fellowship and CNR (Italian National Research Center) NATO Senior Fellowship, 1995-1996 at the Institut für Soziologie, University of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
• Fellowship in Danemark, October 1996, at the Institut for Samfundsudvikling og Planlægning, Department of Development and Planning, Ålborg University
Areas of Interest:
Adele Bianco deals with four areas of interest:
• Sociological Theory, Social Change Theory, Social Action Theory; Sociology of Development, Globalization Processes;
• Sociology of Work; Labour politics and labour market system with a special focus on the legislation and the ‘flexicurity’ issue; State, federalism and organizational and ethical aspects of labour market politics.
• Quality life, life expectancy and social change;
• International relationship.
Before getting a permanent position in the Italian University, Adele Bianco held since academic year 2001-2002 several courses as lecturer for General Sociology, History of Sociology and Sociology of Development at the University of Chieti-Pescara and at the University Roma 2 “Tor Vergata”.
As foreign lecturer (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin) 1995, she held a seminar about socio-economic and historical conditions in Italy at the Institut für Soziologie, University of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany).
Adele Bianco worked for 10 years in a PES (Public Employment Service) (1996-2006) as civil servant at the Ministry of Labour; Main activities: Administrative implementation of labour market policies according the Italian legislation and the EU labour market strategies;
2003-2006 also EUR.E.S. (European Employment Service) Adviser (EU labour market expertise) for the European Commission.
• Labour Politics and Social Security; Welfare System Reform in Italy and in the EU;
• Work and labour force competition in a globalized world; migration problems.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
Bianco A., 2014, Domination and Subordination as Social Organization Principle in Georg Simmel's Soziologie, Lexington Book, Lanham
1. Bianco A., 2014a, Apprendistato, Formazione e Politiche attive del lavoro. Osservazioni sulla L. n. 78/2014, in Lavoro & Diritto, n. 4/2014 , pp. 639-659 (Apprenticeship, Training and Active Labour Market Policies. Remarks on the Law n. 78/2014 of the Renzi Government)
2. Bianco A., 2014b, Sovraordinazione → Subordinazione, in Perulli P. (a cura di), Terra mobile. Per un atlante della società globale, Einaudi, Torino, pp. 153-174
3. Bianco A., 2014c, Il modello EBAV: un’organizzazione a rischio di “istituzionalizzarsi”?, in Nogler L. (a cura di), EBAV: Uno strumento delle parti sociali al servizio dell’artigianato veneto, Franco Angeli, Milano pp. 253-282.
4. Bianco A., 2014d, Young people and work policies. Regulatory instruments between opportunities and critical issues, in “In Rivista Trimestrale di Scienza dell’Amministrazione”, n. 3, pp. 23-40
5. Bianco A., 2014e, The Emerging Middle Classes and the Labour Market Policies: Actors and Drivers of BRICS’ Development, International Conference BRICS in the spotlight, University of Parma 6th and 7th November 2014, in “Federalismi Rivista di Diritto pubblico italiano comparator europeo“, n. 20, http://www.federalismi.it/nv14/articolo-documento.cfm?Artid=27759
6. Bianco A., 2013a, Separati alla nascita: dei rapporti tra sociologia e diritto del lavoro, in Lavoro & Diritto, n. 1, pp. 121-140 (DOI: 10.1441/51881)
7. Bianco A., 2013b, Classi medie nei paesi emergenti in “SocietàMutamentoPolitica, Rivista di so¬cio-logia”, vol. 4, n. 7, pp. 71-92, Firenze University Press, http://ejour-fup.unifi.it/index.php/smp/index?
8. Bianco A., 2013c, Crisi economica e suicidi. Quali modelli e strumenti per la coesione sociale? In Rivista Trimestrale di Scienza dell’Amministrazione, n. 4, pp. 87-103
9. Bianco A., 2012a, Energy as a Social Fact. Considerations on the Very Concretely Intangible, in Agustoni A., Maretti M. (Eds.), Energy Issues and Social Sciences, Theories and Applications, McGrew Hill, Milano, New York, pp. 35-43
1. Bianco A., 2015, Umstrukturierungen der Arbeitsverwaltung in Italien um die Jahrhundertswende, in Stapeles, Sowa (Hg.), Beratung und Vermittlung im Wohlfahrtsstaat, pp.
2. Bianco A., 2015, Workplace integration, Health and the Welfare State: The Italian Case, in “International Journal of Disability Management”, http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=IDM
3. Bianco A., 2015, Post-crisis work policies in the EU between stability and flexibility, in Borghini A., Mele V. (Eds.), The Crisis in EU and USA. The impact of the crisis on welfare systems and the measures to fight poverty, Pisa university Press, Pisa, pp.
Pescara, Novembre 2014