Prof. PhD. Adele BIANCO
Department of Psychological, Health and Territorial Sciences
University "G. D'Annunzio" Chieti-Pescara
Via dei Vestini I - 66013 CHIETI - ITALY
Tel. +39 333 26 76 040
Place and date of bith : Rome, November, 19th 1964.
• Associate Professor, area 14/C1 General Sociology, University of Chieti Pescara, Italy since April 2011. Teaching activity: : General Sociology and Sociology of Work.
• Qualified for the position of Full Professor area 14/C1 General Sociology at the Italian ASN (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale)
• Research interests: the analysis of the work policies; the technological changes the world is undergoing; the shifting balance of power from industrialized to emerging countries; the classical (German) sociological theories.
• 07 May 2006 – 30 March 2011 Assistant professor of General Sociology (SPS07 - 14/C1) University of Chieti Pescara
• 15 April-15 May 2017 research scholarship at the German Literature Archive in Marbach.
• 5-10 June 2017 PhD teaching staff member at the Economy Faculty of University of Prishtina (Kosovo).
• 1994-1995 Research Assistant and Teaching staff member at the Institute for Sociology at the German University Freiburg im Breisgau.
• CNR Fellowships (Italian National Research Center) Fellowship and CNR (Italian National Research Center) NATO Senior Fellowship, 1995-1996 at the Institut für Soziologie, University of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
• As foreign lecturer (Wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiterin) 1995, she held a seminar about socio-economic and historical conditions in Italy at the Institut für Soziologie, University of Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany).
• October 1996 fellow at the Department of Development and Planning Ålborg University (Denmark).
M.A: Sociology, 1989, University of Rome “La Sapienza”
Ph.D., Sociology of Development, 1994, University Pisa
Master in Labour Law and Social Security, 2004, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
Areas of Interest:
Adele Bianco deals with four areas of interest:
• Sociological Theory, Social Change Theory, Social Action Theory; Sociology of Development, Globalization Processes;
• Sociology of Work; Labour politics and labour market system with a special focus on the legislation and the ‘flexicurity’ issue; State, federalism and organizational and ethical aspects of labour market politics.
• Quality life, life expectancy and social change;
• International relationship.
Before getting a permanent position in the Italian University, Adele Bianco held since academic year 2001-2002 several courses as lecturer for General Sociology, History of Sociology and Sociology of Development at the University of Chieti-Pescara and at the University Roma 2 “Tor Vergata”.
Adele Bianco worked for 10 years in a PES (Public Employment Service) (1996-2006) as civil servant at the Italian Ministry of Labour; Main activities: Administrative implementation of labour market policies according the Italian legislation and the EU labour market strategies;
2003-2006 also EUR.E.S. (European Employment Service) Adviser (EU labour market expertise) for the European Commission.
• Labour Politics and Social Security; Welfare System Reform in Italy and in the EU;
• Work and labour force competition in a globalized world; migration problems.
Selected recent publications:
1. Bianco A., 2017a, Employment as Development Strategy in a Changing Global World, in Fashoyin T., Tiraboschi M. (Eds.) The Great Transformation of Work, ADAPT Labour Studies Book-Series, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 6-26.
2. Bianco A., 2017b, Umstrukturierungen der Arbeitsverwaltung in Italien seit Ende des 20. Jahrhunderts. Ursachen der Erfolglosigkeit eines jahrzehntelangen Reformprozesses, in Stapeles R., Sowa F. (Hg.), Beratung und Vermittlung im Wohlfahrtsstaat, Edition Sigma bei Nomos Verlag, Baden-Baden, pp. 159-179.
3. Bianco A., 2017c, E. Durkheim un sociologo del lavoro contemporaneo?, in Pendenza M. e Mele V., Emile Durkheim Relouded, in SOCIETÀMUTAMENTOPOLITICA, ISSN 2038-3150, vol. 8, n. 16, pp. 131-146.
4. Bianco A., 2016a, La civilizzazione del lavoro: Norbert Elias e lo sviluppo dei rapporti di impiego, in Pendenza M. (a cura di), Sociologia classica contemporanea. Prospettive di teoria sociale oggi, UTET, Novara, pp. 177-195.
5. Bianco A, 2016d, Le travail des marins dans la pensée sociologique: le contribution de Norbert Elias, in Les mondes du travail, n. 18 settembre, pp. 37-47.
6. Bianco A., 2016e, Green Jobs and policy Measures for a Sustainable Agriculture, in “Agriculture and Agricultural Science Procedia”, DOI: 10.1016/j.aaspro.2016.02.030 http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S2210784316300304
7. Bianco A., 2015b, Post-crisis work policies in the EU between stability and flexibility, in Borghini A., Campo E. (Eds.), The Crisis in EU and USA. The impact of the crisis on welfare systems and the measures to fight poverty, Pisa university Press, Pisa, pp. 74-88.
8. Bianco A., 2014, Domination and Subordination as Social Organization Principle in Georg Simmel's Soziologie, Lexington Book, Lanham (USA) (BOOK).